Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Award-winning PDF software

review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform

Passport Name Change Form DS-82

  1. On the website hosting the form, choose Start Now and go for the editor.

  2. Use the clues to complete the appropriate fields.

  3. Include your individual details and contact details.

  4. Make sure that you choose to enter right data and numbers in correct fields.

  5. Carefully check out the data in the blank so as grammar and spelling.

  6. Refer to Help section if you have any concerns or contact our Support staff.

  7. Put an electronic signature on your Passport Name Change Form DS-82 printable with the help of Sign Tool.

  8. Once blank is done, press Done.

  9. Distribute the prepared blank by way of electronic mail or fax, print it out or download on your device.

PDF editor will allow you to make improvements in your Passport Name Change Form DS-82 from any internet connected gadget, personalize it according to your needs, sign it electronically and distribute in several means.

Video instructions and help with filling out and completing Passport Name Change Form DS-82

Instructions and Help about Passport Name Change Form DS-82

True" okay, and welcome back to Matthew's travels and tips. In today's video, we are going to talk about changing the name on your US passport. We will go through the step-by-step process on how to get this done. - When applying to change your name on your passport, there are a few documents you will need to gather. These documents include your government application form, your recent passport photos, proof of name change, and the passport you are changing the name on. Additionally, you will need to pay the government fees. It's important to note that the specific requirements and fees can vary based on your situation. - First, let's discuss the government application form. There are two forms that can be used for a passport name change. The first form is the government application form DS-82, which is primarily used for passport renewals but can also be used for name changes. If your passport has been issued for over one year, you will need to renew it and apply for a name change using this form. The second form is the S550, which is used for corrections, name changes, or amendments for passports issued within one year. - Passport photos are also required for your passport name change. You can have your passport photos taken at places like Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Costco, or any location that offers passport photo services. It is recommended to have your photo taken by a professional to ensure that it meets all the necessary requirements. These requirements include proper dimensions (2 by 2), no shadows in the background, appropriate lighting (not too bright or dark), and no glasses. - Moving on to proof of name change, you will need a legal document issued by the court to show that your name has been legally changed. This can...